Friday, April 18, 2008

To Sir, with love

Dear Arvind of the future,

Greetings from Arvind of the past. You will find this letter posted on some space on internet by Arvind of the present who, most likely, would have found my original letter while clearing his messy drawer. I have deliberately trashed my drawer so that you get this letter. If you are still not sure that this is Arvind of the past, here is proof: there is a black mole on your right butt.

So, how are things with you? You little thankless brat. Yes, you read it correct, you self obsessive fellow. Have you ever thanked me for what you are. I am very sure Arvind of the present will not remember me and will make arrangements so that you cant either. But you moron, have you ever thought on your foundations. You are what you are because of the sacrifices that i make today. Your ingratitude is like the current Indian stock market - rising and rising. I apologize for my such profanity but you should understand that it is not everyday that i get to use them and that too for someone who deserves it and i mean you, you smart mouth.

I hope by now you are living peacefully in some sub-urb in India. By my current plans and calculations, Arvind of the present will go to US for higher studies and i expect you - Arvind of the future to come back here. I hope you have succeeded on my elaborate plans of my future and enjoying the efforts of my endeavors. At this moment, i have high expectations from you and dont worry, i dont expect you to fulfill all of them. I will be content if you satisfy 99% of them.

To remind you, life here in past is going good. Yesterday i finished watching 67th movie on the IMDB top 250 list. I hope you have finished the list by now. I am enjoying the company of my friends now and i hope that Arvind of the present will not do anything to screw up the relations and you will also enjoy their love.

I am sure there will be times that you will curse me for doing somethings like wasting my time on not-so-important things and not doing somethings like taking adequate care of my health, eating junk foods etc. I understand your pain as i also sometimes curse the Arvind of my past. But do not blame me that much as there will be Arvind of the future for you as well and he for sure will not have nice things to say about you. In short, act now and take some responsibility. Stop reaping from my efforts, do something too!

Anyways, i am writing this letter to tell you to keep on enjoying life, exploring things, spreading love and helping others. Learn from my mistakes and try not to repeat them. Say my hello to your wife. I am sure she will be beautiful. Oh wait, you are married now, right. You better be married and social otherwise in my next life, i will ensure that you will have a horrible time.

Chaos,
Arvind from the past.

5 comments:

aman said...

superb!! and we got an insider information about u as well...:)

aman said...

To Arvind of Future,

Batra, u said that I'll marry before you. I am still not married You are. You lose the bet. Hurray!! Now what do I get?


From Aman of the Future

aman said...

To Arvind of the Present,
Now that the future has been leaked out to you in the last letter, start accepting from today only that u will lose the bet. It will not look nice on u to ignore the verdict when u know it already.

From Aman of the Present.

arvind batra said...

To Aman of the present,

I regret to inform you but I have no recollection of such a bet. Please contact Arvind of the past for clarifications. But I warn you that his responses may not be pleasant as is evident in his letter. In case you are unable to contact him, i suggest you to settle this bet issue with Arvind of the future.


From
Arvind of the present.

aman said...

To Arvind of the Present
Thats bad! Well, I have witnesses.
Also, Arvind of the past told me that you sometimes forget things. You forgot all the goods he did to u. So, you might as well have forgotten our bet too.

From Aman of the Present.