Friday, July 4, 2008

nusrat ki fitrat

I have the habit of listening music whenever i work. It is always there in the background.
But today something weird happened. I was busy in my work and indeed i have been working continuously for the past 3 hrs but then something very very strange happened. I started crying, my eyes were moist and i dont know why. His power was too much on me. Subconsciously he had taken his control over me and i had no idea how. I was listening to Nusrat sahab's following song.

Its translation can be found here.

The lines that brought me to tears were:

basad talaash na ab kuch vus’at-e-nazar se milaa
nishaan-e-manzil-e-maqsuud raahbar se milaa
Ali mile to mile Khaana-e-Khudaa saa hameN
Khudaa ko dhuuNdha to vo bhi Ali ke ghar se milaa

Don’t search for anything now, match the eternal search
match the footprints of the desired destination with guide
to get Ali is like getting a house of God
searching for God too, we found Him in Ali’s house.

When nusrat sings the last line, that was the time, the way he sung it, i had no control over myself.
Also the rendition below is sung both by nusrat sahab and sultan khan sahab. need i say more?

Ali Ali Ali Maula Ali Ali, Haq - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan/Sultan Khan

No comments: