Sunday, August 24, 2008

Music from the Inside Out

I am running very, very high on music these days. This is evident as this is my 4th post on music in the past 5 days. But this one is different. I have just finished watching a documentary on music : Music from the Inside Out.

The movie begins by asking musicians from Philadelphia Orchestra - What is music?
Everyone is speechless at first and then ideas come, visualization come, definitions come, and then comes the history, the future as was expected in past, past as seen through present and all this in context of music.

It is an okay movie from cinema perspective, from camera, editing etc but its the content that makes it a brilliant film, a must watch for every music lover. (In Justin lingo - feel ke pujaari).
We get to see lives of people associated with orchestra, how they got into music, what keeps them going, how does it feel and why do they do what they do?

One gets to see a peaceful face, confidence has a color and almost all musicians have that color on their faces. Contentment, yes that's the word, one gets to see satisfaction on the faces of musicians.

Music from the inside out

I often hear a voice in my head
a voice urging me,
a voice beseeching me,
begging me
to play some music

I often hear a voice in my head
a tune, a humming note
drifting me away
into the depths of thin air
drowning my eyes in salty water

I often hear a voice in my head
a melody, a harmonious rhyme
i dance while standing still,
i bang my head, i tap my legs.
The lines on my forehead tell a story in themselves

I often hear a voice in my head,
longing for that dream which i remember i had yesterday
but cannot recall what it was
but still the taste is there of what it was
that feeling, that ecstasy!

I often hear a voice in my head,
I am sorry, but you can not hear,
Forgive me, but i can not share
It is one with me now.
You see me and you have seen it
You know me and you have known it
yet, you can not reproduce

I often hear a voice in my head
Its music from the inside out



[Written on 30 July 2008, posted on 24 Aug 2008]

No comments: