Sunday, July 14, 2019

Life in Apr 19 - July 14, 2019

Time is flowing and so are we along with it. Change becomes constant and we need to run twice as hard just to become the normal that we once were. In this life instance, I started a new job and shifted to a new home - not a good idea to do both at the same time. Nevertheless, many other things happened as well.  I will start with books - 

Books - 
- LOTR - Had developed an itch to re-read LOTR again and so I did. I think I liked it better this time.

- Tehanu by Ursulla Le Guin - I am in awe of Earthsea books. They are so well done that I just want to live in that world. Sometimes you read a book and once it gets over, you wonder, how the characters are doing once their journey is over. Tehanu answers this wonderfully and adds more layers to it. 

- Fallen Too Far by Abby Glines - I wanted to get a flavor of Romantic genre of movies. So I picked this one as it was said that this is better than the typical others. While this curiosity was enough to run through the first few pages, finishing it became a challenge. Genre lovers may like it but not much for me.


Movies - 

Article 15 - 5/5
A movie on constitution of India, on a topic that is very relevant and a director/writer who want to genuinely use this medium to influence society. Must watch for our times.

Kimi no Na Wa (Your name) - 4.5/5 
Anime movie. New medium of storytelling. Went for this on my birthday. Loved it very much.

John Wick 3 - 3.5/5
Did not like this as much as the first and second but still a very good action film.

Avengers endgame - 3/5
Good masala film that ends a big part of the franchise.

Badla - 2.5/5

Travel - 
None


Plays/Events - 
- Tansen a play on the life of the artist. Saw this at Ranga Shankara. Good play to know more about his life.

- My Father - feat. Naseeruddin Shah  - a play on an old man suffering from Alzheimers' disease.

- Comedy show feat. Samay at That Comedy club, Koramangala 


Misc - 
- Lot of birthdays came and lots of new places were tried out. Foxtrot at Marathalli, Burma house in Indiranagar,  Dialogues cafe in Koramangala,  La Case brewery near Sarjapur, Aurum in Sarjapur, Big Spoon in Whitefield, Chung Wah in Koramangala

- Too much shifting. Splendid to ND, Splendid to Sobha, ND to Elan. Splendid to Elan. 


No comments: