Sunday, January 22, 2023

2022 - Ain't over for me

 

2022 - Ain't over for me

I refuse to believe that we are in 2023. Cuz, I have not caught up to 2023 yet. At-least not in my blog. It was a crazy year and I think I slayed it :)


Top Books

The new kings of Non-Fiction by Ira Glass

Rupi Kaur's books of poems - Sun and her flowers, Milk and Honey

ABSOLUTE POWER - Inside story of the National Stock Exchange’s amazing success, leading to hubris, regulatory capture and algo scam. by Sucheta Dalal and Debashis Basu

Early Indians: The Story of Our Ancestors and Where We Came From. by Tony Joseph

Started the series - Wheel of Time. Not enjoying them that much. Finished one. 

Stumbling into happiness by Daniel Gilbert. 


Top Movies

Athena

She Said

Drive My car

Everything Everyone All at Once

Worst person in the world

Power of the dog

Top Gun Maverick

Max Richter's Sleep 


Arts & Culture - 

Peeyush Mishra concert - You should never miss such an event.  It is amazing how much goofiness is there in Peeyush Mishra's performance. Loved it. 

Lucky Ali concert

Atul Khatri comedy show @ Mumbai

Salaam India concert at IHC


Top Music

Max Richter dominated my playlist. Along with Nyman, they are my best work companions. I feel so lucky to live in world with this music. 

The Piano OST. 

Little miss sunshine - The Winner is by Devotchka - somehow I had missed this album. Everytime it plays, I am transported to a different world. 

Re-discovered and listened in-loop - Nitin Sawhney in Namesake. Hautingly beaitiful, as the movie :)

Enya was top of my mind as we prepped for Ireland. 

And of-course Once OST

Lenka's Everything at Once . Also became my ringtone for the year

Also, pined for and listened Udit Narayan and Kumar Sanu. After all, I am a 90s kid :) Bucket list items is to attend them in concert.


Top Online content


Random Chikibum - Rahul Subramaniam and Kumar Varun has this series called Random Daftar - few videos on various office scenarios. Recorded few years ago, they are ageless and hilarious

Aiyyo Shraddha's take on corporate humor is just amazing. Her Manager video touches a nerve very close to the heart 

Caravan's covers, Atlantic and NYtimes continued to top my reading. I need to buy Atlantic's subscription this year. 

MorningContext's daily email is now part of routine. 

Will miss Trevor Noah as he departs DailyShow. His commentaries on police brutalities, gun shootings are a masterclass on public speaking, IMO

Tanmay Bhatt has this series called Pakistanis are savage and it is just amazing :) . Tanmay has invented a new content form and I just love it. I have seen some other series as well (Pitai one is cringe/hilarious) but ... are savage is a must watch. 

On this note - Zakir Khan's Farzi Mushaira has a fan-boy in me. This is the kind of goofiness that has gone missing from the public discourse. 










No comments: