Saturday, January 6, 2024

Life in 5 Nov'23 to 6 Jan'24

 Happy new year 2024! Welcome to our lives. And goodbye 2023! Fare well.


I am writing this from Mahatama Nature Cure centre, Kannur, with my luggage packed and another 40 mins or so before I leave here. Today is the last day of my 14 day treatment out of which I spent 9 day in fasting. A feat that I never thought would achieve but today I am happy to report that it is done and not that difficult. 

In my young age, when my weight would go up, I had a feeling that I will feel sick one day, high-fever/bad stomach, and as part of the healing, my weight would loose. That may have happened but loss was not proportional. Indeed, my weight went up. But at Mahatama, I got the feeling back - a truly magical place where you come in for two weeks and go back with reduced weight. 7.5 kgs to be precise in my case. I have documented my whole Mahatma journey here . I am impressed, believer and I would highly recommend this. 


I have finished three Wheel of Time books - book 8, 9 an 11. Now, I am onto book 12. 


Travel

Family trip to Bali 

Half-Day outing in Kannur city with Aarti before she boards her train.  Visited For Saint Angelo.






Interesting things


- Office holiday party where I donned a suit and tie after ages 



- Attended my first ever comic-con in Bangalore. It was an okay experience. Lot of stalls, basically pay money to enjoy. Main stage events were okay-ish. 





- Attended a kid's birthday part - Arjun, son of Abhishek and Sonal :) It was at McDonalds and they had cool kid games that I also played. Lot of fun!


- Did a small food-walk in HSR with Abhishek and Sonal. Places tried

Dhanraj Ji Chole Bhature - Decent place. Not very rich chole, but good to try once. 

Shiv Shakti Samosa Center - Had their Poha and Samosa. I liked it a lot ! Very tasty Poha. And this is a crowded place. 

Finally Idli and coffee at MDP Coffee house. Decent thindi it is.


- Went to Alif Concert at Gilly's fandom. Alif is a kashmiri band with a meaningful lyrics and a soulful voice. His music videos are unique in their own way. Loved the concert and the songs. Lot of Kashmiri folks in the audience and they were having an amazing time- something to connect them to their native places. Songs are in Kashmiri language that adds on to the connection. Loved the experience. I will attend them again if I get a chance. 


- Lunch at Nammiga Basura - loved it! Went to an impromptu meals and this was really good place. 

- Followed India's world cup journey. Watched semi and final matches. Good fun though India lost :(

- Did a week long detox diet from Team Sharan. Much needed one after the Diwali sweet binge. 

- Signed up for Iconic fitness gym. Attendance would be around 60%. Liking the trainer this time. 


House parties - 

- Diwali celebration at Didi's place - 



- Diwali/Rangoli in 1023 - 



- Family Christmas dinner a week before Christmas at Deck of Brews, ORR

- Bhanu did breakfast at Monkey Cafe Sarjapur and celebration of their house registration at 1522 Sarjapur road. 



Movies

Dumb Money - 3/5 
Based on a true story on how a bunch of reddit folks did stock trades on Gamestop stock which a lot of analysts were betting to fail. Caused multi-billion dollar loss to financial firms. A true David vs Goliath story. 

The 36th temple of Shaolin - Truly a Cult 4.5/5

Oppenheimer - 4/5

The Killers of the flower moon - 3.5/5

We made a beautiful boutquet. Thoroughly enjoyed it and wrote a long review. 4/5

Equalizer 3 - Passable. 2.5/5

Mission Impossible 7 - 2.5/5 This could and should have been much better, especially with AI as villian


Ted Lasso - Big fan. 4.5/5 - Masterclass of Show Don't Tell

Slow horses - season 1. Binge-able. 3/5



No comments: